Jet lag

Apr 15th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Original Poster

Jet lag

Traveling from South Africa to Guangzhou,seriously have a problem with jet lag,how can i remedy this?
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:33 AM

I'm guessing everyone has his or her own approach to minimizing the effects of jet lag. Mine is to stay hydrated and get as much sleep as possible on the jet. I used to try to tough it out, but found the first day or two were brutal. Lately I ask my doctor for a few xanax or ambien and take one to ensure I get adequate sleep. Now I arrive at my destination feeling a heck of a lot better.

Good luck. Steve
Apr 15th, 2011, 07:08 AM

If arriving in daylight hours, splash some cold water on your face and get out into the sun till dinner, then sleep. This usually resets your body clock and most people are fine by the next day.

However, while this has worked for me, it also hasn't been unusual that about 3-4/days later I need a good nap mid-day... then I'm absolutely fine.

Otherwise, do try to sleep on the flight and if drugs help with this, go for it. Drink plenty of water, also walk around and exercise your legs (you don't want DVT by not doing so).

For many, the flight time can be anywhere from 14-16/hrs.

Good luck!
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM

I have used pills called No Jet Lag which are from New Zealand and all natural. I swear by them.
May 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Hey Davish

i travel from London to HK all the time. try Protex H. Its about £20 for 12 capsules but it definitely helps to stop jet lag. Something to do with tex-OE and a cactus extract?? Make sure you sleep well on the flight and try to drink plenty of water.

you can read about the protex stuff here: http://www.protexh.com/protexh-for-jet-lag.php

If anyone knows of anything else it would be good to know!
May 9th, 2011, 01:50 AM

Careful with the many dodgy expensive jet lag "remedies"

Little true science to support their effectiveness except for

By Mayo Clinic staff. Melatonin As a jet lag remedy and sleep aid, melatonin has been widely studied, and it is now a commonly accepted part of effective jet lag treatment.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/jet...ative-medicine

I reset to the new time zone using melatonin cheap as directed

Sleep as much as I can on the plane in the dark

Stay hydrated no heavy meals or booze...

Try to stay up till the sun sets at my new destination.

Good luck!