I wish you peace

Dec 20th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

I wish you peace

I had one of those days yesterday where everyone I talked with had a sad/terrible story to tell me about what was going on in their lives. To bring back some joy, I popped into fodorville, and sure enough -kind words and happiness.

I thank you all for sharing your experiences and your expertise, and I wish you peace in this holiday season.

Cyn
Dec 20th, 2005, 06:59 AM

As a wise soothsayer once said, Africa is good for the soul. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Jack
Dec 20th, 2005, 07:59 AM

Yes, besides good advice and interesting shared experiences you always find kind words and happiness here. Thanks to everyone. I often have an impulse to write terrible comments, but most of the time I manage to refrain from writing them.

Cyn and everyone else,
I wish you peace.

Kwa Kiswahili:
Nawatakia amani
na heri za Krismasi
Dec 20th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Thanks, Cyn, for starting this thread. I too would like to wish my fellow Africa board posters a wonderful festive season and all the best for the new year.

Being able to talk about trips past and future as well as share with so many of you as you plan, book and report back on your trips definitely helps deal with the withdrawal symptoms of no trips to Africa this year...

Warm wishes
Kavita
Dec 20th, 2005, 09:16 AM

Best wishes for peace and happiness to my fellow Africa-philes and Middle East-lovers. And of course to the citizens of the countries we are so fortunate to be able to visit.

And, yes, cynstalker, thanks for starting this thread. It's been a rough year on both the meta- and the micro-level for many, many people.
Dec 20th, 2005, 09:36 AM

May I add my wishes to you all for Peace on Earth, Good Will Among Men!
Dec 20th, 2005, 04:11 PM

Nice thought Cyn,
Thanks to my fellow fodorites I have weathered some ill health with lots of good healing thoughts of "Oh so magical Africa" - good medicine for the human spirit.
Peaceful Wishes and may our paths cross on African soil!
Sherry
Dec 20th, 2005, 05:39 PM

Mele Kalikimaka ame Hauole Makahiki Hou! Mahalo to all my fodorite friends, without you I never would have discovered Africa and all it has to offer. I wish us all many trips to all parts of that great continent and that we continue to learn and educate the newcomers, as you all educated me.
Maluhia i 'aina.
Dec 20th, 2005, 07:53 PM

From the southern part of Africa I send all Fodorites festive greetings. When visiting our great continent may you all travel well be it in 2006 or thereafter.

Go well and in the greatest of peace.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Dec 21st, 2005, 04:47 AM

Guys its great to be a part of the fodorite forum.Merry christmas and a happy new year to all, Thanks all for being there all the time to share your experiences and comments.
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:05 AM

Happiest of holidays, and may you in 2006 or soon thereafter visit Africa. I'm off this Friday to Tunisia, so I may make the last Africa trip of the year from this board.
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:08 AM

And shalom from Israel.
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:36 AM
sandi

Cyn -

How thoughtful of you. Just what we need... a way to show our appreciation to everyone who chimes in here - the oldies and newbies. Considering the catastophes of this past year - tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, bird flu, terrorism - how fortunate that planning our travels (anywhere) seem so insignificant.

My thanks to all for the knowledge shared, great trip reports, plenty of photos, Google Earth (thanks Eben), flight expertise far surperior than even the airlines offer, frequent flyer rules/regs (Patty) and more info about digital cameras than I ever wanted to know - laughter and some tears.

Oh, and Zambia (Rocco, who would have thunk it!)

To this great bunch of friends even at great distances - bye-bye 2005, hello 2006!

Dec 21st, 2005, 06:05 AM

Happy holidays to all and wishing you many trips to Africa in 2006 and beyond. Thank you all so much for sharing your wisdom.
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:42 AM

Just wanted to let you all know how strangely instrumental your input has been in planning the experience of my dreams. Without your advice and reassurances, I may have abandoned ship. In return, I send you all my best wishes for peace, love, and happiness, and a fervent prayer that we may all "have a reverence for the Earth as God's creation, and use it wisely, and in service of others."
Dec 21st, 2005, 09:44 AM

What a wonderful thread! Thanks Cyn!

My wish for 2006 is that everyone from Capetown to Jordan/Ireland to Utah, can be blessed with a little "touch" of true travel spirit; to be curious and respectful of other people and their cultures; to nuture and care for our planet and all of the amazing creatures that share it with us; that the wonder never fades and may your BEST trip always the one ahead!

Safe and wonderful holidays to all for helping me so much with my Egypt plans this year!

Search this Thread