holy land tours

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy land tours

My wife and I would be interested in taking a tour of the
Holy Land, for several days, sometime during the last week in
May or the first week in June. Suggestions?

-- STF
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Are you planning to join a group tour or to take a private car with a driver-guide?
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 09:00 AM
P_M

Where exactly do you want to go? I assume Israel but there are holy sites in other countries such as Jordan. We need more info please.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Further information as requested:
my wife and I are especially interested
in a group tour which would include
Jedrusalem and the other locations in
Israel which are of special interest
to Christians, such as Bethlehem and
Galilee.

We have beeen offered an interesting
package tour, which would also include
visits to Cairo and Tel Aviv, by a company
whose website is tours-in-Israel.com.
Can anyone inform me about this company?
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:30 AM
P_M

I don't know about that company but I will tell you about the company I toured with which is Gate 1. We visited Jerusalem, the Sea of Galilee, Bethlehem, Nazareth, the River Jordan as well as many wonderful Jewish sites such as Masada. (Masada is a major don't-miss) We also visited the Dead Sea which I found fascinating. Our group was about half Christian and half Jewish which I thought was perfect because I did not want to limit myself to Christian sites only. The hotels were all nice and the guides were very knowledgeable. Gate 1 does offer an add-on to Cairo and/or to Eilat, on the Red Sea. If you take the add on to Eilat you will have a chance to visit Petra which is an incredible site in Jordan.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 09:43 PM

tours-in-israel has the same contact details as c.t.o. tours. c.t.o. is an operator of package tours in Israel and has a good reputation. I am not sure about Gate 1 partners in Israel, but from the feedback in the Internet I understand they are also high evaluated. If you have one week only, it may be a hard task to see Cairo (it will take take at least 2 days). But if you have 10 days and more it's recommended to stay 3-4 days in Eilat and visit Jordan (Petra) anf Egypt (Cairo) from there. I can not give you an advise for the final choice of the tour company, cause it would be regarded as a self-advertisement
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

What do people think about the copany called Amefrican Israel Tours?
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM

Hi fitzgibbon,

I would recommend you rent a car from Tel Aviv at the airport. I like either Hertz or Aviv. By renting a car this gives you the freedom to go where you want. You dont need a car in jerusalem but great if you want take a drive outside the city. Would recommend driving down to Eilat and stopping at the Dead Sea, Masada. After Eilat drive to Bet Shean. Road splits by Jerico. You can try go to Jerico but not sure if its open. I am going to try go there Monday. The road from Jerico to Bet Shean goes via the west bank. Drive this during the day. Interesting drive and no reason to stop. Bet Shean will take the afternoon to see the ruins. Great shawarma place at the old bus station. After Bet shean you have so many choices. You could head up to Tiberias "Sea of Galiee" or drive Afula/Nazerith. Let me know if you need more information. I come to isreal every year to visit family.

Mark