Help with posting trip report

Aug 31st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Original Poster

Help with posting trip report

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have checked the bopard and I feel really guilty that I have not posted a finished trip report. This board was so helpful to me that I really want to do this. This is my question:

I will be traveling for work next week and will have 5 hours each way of uninterupted time on the plane. Is it possible to write the report in word and then copy and past into this forum? Ovviously no internet at 30,000 feet. Have any of you done this?

Aug 31st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Original Poster

Guess what I just tried a few lines and it worked. So if I am successful you will have a report to read next week and possibly some pictures.

I have posted some on a Kodak site but do not know how to get them over to the forum. Laugh but I have been working in the computer industry for more than 20 years and I am still technology challenged.
Aug 31st, 2007, 10:57 PM

Hi spiegelcjs,

good luck with transferring from Word - this didn't work for me. However, saving into Notepad then cutting and pasting into Fodor's worked fine.

Look forward to the report,

Pol.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM

spiegelcjs,
Cutting and pasting from Word worked for me, except certain characters did not always transfer over properly. Mostly quotation marks and apostrophes. I noticed this while posting my recent report on Botswana.

To post the photos, copy the link/url from the Kodak site into your trip report.

Question for Trepol,
Did you type the report itself in Notepad, or did you type it as a Word document and save it to Notepad? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have never used Notepad. Thanks.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM

Uninterrupted? That's what you think. Crying babies, noisy toddlers, a guy whose Ipod is way too loud, turbulence, talkative seat-mates, snoring seat-mates.

Now where did all that negativity come from?

I copy and paste from Word into Fodor's regularly. But I have the old Office 2000.

Here's how to get the Kodak gallery link into a Fodor's post.

Email a link to the photo album to yourself.

At the bottom of the email message that you sent to yourself is a line that reads something like:

"if the link above does not work, copy and paste the line below into your address line."

The line below has a long address. That is what you copy and paste into Fodors.

The Fodor's preview screen will make the link look extra long and maybe even distort the width of the frame. But that is only how it previews. Once you post it wraps around and fits in the normal screen width.

I need a trip back to Mala Mala with Bruce, John, and the lunchtime lemonade.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM

I've never used Notepad.
I always use Word. The only things that don't convert is bold and underscores. Other characters convert perfectly.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

OK everyone thanks. I am leaving tomorrow and will try to do the trip report in word and then cut and paste it onto Fodors. If not I will try into Notepad which I have never used.

We will see
Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:19 PM

Hi Dana,

I composed and saved in Word, then cut and pasted into Notepad, then saved and cut and pasted into Fodor's.

Success!

Cheers,

Pol.