heated plunge pools

Old May 19th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heated plunge pools

hi the only way i can convince my wife to go on safari again is if we stay at one of the lodges with the private plunge pools, i know it can get hot in the day even in the winter, but being that it is quite cold at night, i was wondering if any of those private plunge pools are heated. i am thinking of going in late aug.
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:44 AM
sandi

The best thing to do it to contact the particular camp you are interested in. They can advise whether their plunge pools are or aren't heated.

But why go to the southern hemisphere in the winter, if the pool is a major consideration? Try October or November*, which is late spring, going into summer in Southern Africa which will be plenty hot and humid that even a cold pool will be a relief.

*though November tends to have thunderstorms in the afternoons - brief, but they do happen occasionally.

Old May 19th, 2004, 12:00 PM
dlm

I would doubt if any of the camps have heated plunge pools since even the pools at Singita were unheated. But I guess you never know . . .
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:46 PM

mhron

Singita doesnn't have heated plunge pools.The only game lodge with this feature is Tinga Private Game Reserve where they have heated pools at their two lodges called Nerina and Legends.
Old May 20th, 2004, 03:13 AM

Singita has recently ensured that all the plunge pools at Singita Boulders and Singita Ebony are now heated.

I can also let you know that the plunge pools at Leopard Hills are also heated.

Old May 20th, 2004, 04:35 AM
sandi

Great information for future "winter" travel bookings. Thanks safarinut and katycee.

Old May 20th, 2004, 11:46 PM

I was just at Singita Boulders a couple of weeks ago and I can assure you that my plunge pool was most definitely NOT heated. It was in fact quite cold.
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:25 AM

"I can also let you know that the plunge pools at Leopard Hills are also heated."

Excellent news!! We're off to Leopard Hills for our honeymoon in 12 weeks..........can't wait.
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:30 PM

(Live on location from Venice, Italy)

I will be staying in the honeymoon suite at Kaingo (www.kaingo.com). I am paying a total of $160 pppns and it features a heated jacuzzi. This has got to be the best value around for anyone desiring their own heated plunge pool or jacuzzi.

Six more days until I leave for Zambia!
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:18 PM

katycee

Are you sure the plunge pools at Leopard Hills are now heated,they weren't last year.
Old May 30th, 2004, 11:56 PM

OK - it seems that I was ill informed about the Singita Plunge Pools. I have just double checked and heard that the ' heating ' elements are going to be fitted from July onwards.

Safarinut - I've also double checked about Leopard Hills plunge pools. The convertion was completed in about November and December 2003. The plunge pools are heated to about 30 Degrees - which means that its not as if you are sitting in a hot tub - but it makes it more comfortable !