Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

EGYPT - CAIRO, LUXOR, MT. SINAI AND MORE ...

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2010, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My introduction to The Middle East begins when I board Delta Flight 84 from JFK to Cairo. I have reserved one night of hotel accommodations and with a backpack, cash, credit cards and a Lonely Planet Guidebook I am ready for the adventure to begin. Read more with pictures at: www.dmbtraveler195.blogspot.com
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:26 PM

Good stuff DMB!! Hope you get to that 195 goal soon. I too plan to travel to Middle East (Jordania, Israel and Egypt) on 2011 or 2012, but not as adventurous as you! I'll be travelling with my husband. I'll keep reading your adventures to get some insight and tips for planning my own adventure travel to this region!

Keep it up!

Karen Stalman
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Karen Stalman,

Thanks for your kind comments and encouragement. I am sure you will enjoy Jordan, Israel and Egypt as much as I did even if you are a little less adventurous. I plan to do more Middle East travel in the near future, hopefully Syria and Lebanon. I am glad you will be following along, again thanks for your support. DMB
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 12:57 AM

I love your blog.... I too have a book like you got.."1001 Historic Sites You Must See Before You Die". I chose some of my Egyptian sites from that book. I wonder if the book will launch me on a 195 country journey! Keep going!
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

MissGreen, I hope it those! Thanks for checking my blog out. I still have about 35 countries to write about so I will be blogging for awhile... stay tuned!
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Hi DMBTraveler,
I just discovered your blog and I am totally in love with it! I am very inspired by you and hope to follow in your footsteps one day and travel the world....
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

roundbunny,

Glad to have you along on my adventure. Would also love to read about your travels, send me a link. I will checkout your fodor postings.
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Hi DMBTraveler,
I havent really posted that much on Fodors, unfortunately. (Lack of travel experience compared to many of the experts here!) I dont have a blog either...but maybe I will start one soon!

roundbunny
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Roundbunny,
I think blogging is a great way to tell yor travel stories or anything else you would like to share. I like the aka "Egg..perts" on Fodors but the site is very limiting. Check out eblogger from Goggle and along with Live Writer from Microsoft you can be blogging about learning to blog in minutes. I am new at blogging but now have three blogs going ... so simple even a caveman can do it. Another benefit is someday you can have your blog published in book form as a nice keepsake. Looking forward to getting your blog link