Dec Tanzania Safari - final itinerary with Roy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone on this message board for their help and comments! My itinerary is set with Roy Safaris (www.roysafaris.com).

For those interested, here is what I have:

Re: Dhruv - 02pax Dec'07 Safari (ex-Arusha) Safari proposal.

DATE DAY PROGRAM
02/12 1 Arrive Kilimanjaro Airport (arrival details) Meet and transfer to Arusha.
Ovenight at Impala Hotel (Standard room Bed & Breakfast)
03/12 2 After breakfast pick up and drive to Roy Safaris Office for a pre-departure briefing.
With picnic lunches drive to Lake Manyara National Park. Game viewing in the park.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara Hotel.
04/12 3 After breakfast with picnic lunches drive to Ndutu Area. Game viewing in the area.
Dinner and overnight at Ndutu Safari Lodge.
05/12 4 Full day game viewing in Ndutu Area. Lunch, dinner and overngiht at Ndutu Safari Lodge.
06/12 5 After breakfast with picnic lunches drive to Serengeti National Park. Game viewing in the park enroute to
Sererengeti Serena Lodge for dinner and overnight.
07/12 6 Full day game viewing in the Serengeti National Park. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Serengeti Serena Lodge.
08/12 7 After breakfast with picnic lunches drive to Ngorongoro Area. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
09/12 8 Descend the crater for a morning tour of the crater with picnic lunches. PM drive back to Arusha.
Overnight at Impala Hotel (Standard room Bed & Breakfast)
10/12 9 Pick up from Impala and transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport in time for a 11h50 Precision Air flight to Zanzibar.
Met on arrival by our representative, and transfered to Breezes Beach Club for dinner and overnight (Deluxe room Half Board)
11/12 10 Day at leisure and overnight at Breezes Beach Club. Dinner and overnight (Deluxe room Half Board)
12/12 11 Another day at leisure and overnight at Breezes Beach Club. Dinner and overnight (Deluxe room Half Board)
13/12 12 After breakfast. Pick up and transfer to Zanzibar Airport in time for 17h10 Precision Air flight to Dar. End of Services.

End of our Services;
Nett Costs, based on 2 persons, use of one double roo and a private safari using a TOYOTA LAND CRUISER just for the 2 of you.
1) Transfers + 2nights Impala Hotel (Standard room Bed & Breakfast) + Safari as per itternary above: US$3105 per person.

Costs include: park & crater fees, full board accommodation at lodges, transport in 4WD vehicle, english speaking driver/guide, bottled water(1 bottle per person per day), VAT where applicable + (flight JRO - ZNZ (Includes taxes) + Transfers in Zanzibar + 3nights Half Board at Breezes Beach Club + Flight ZNZ-DAR (Excludes taxes).
Costs exclude: Drinks, tips, laundry, personal toiletry requirements, insurance, visas and all items of a personal nature.
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the specifics!
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM

On your last day in Zanzibar, you should work in a tour of Stone Town before you fly out. You should have plenty of time if you leave the beach after breakfast but don't depart ZNZ until 17:10.
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 07:08 AM

Hi there, just returned from Kili and Safari 2 Weeks with Roy. Overall the trip was phenomenal. The one dark spot on the trip was the safari guide from Roy Safari. We had initially met Habib who transfered us from the airport to hotel and he was fantastic. We also had a fantastic guide for Kili so it came as a big surprise when the Safari guide [his name was Jackson] was not interested in our questions [although he had many, many questions and opinions on America] and prefered that I not talk to him at all. Fortunately we had a animal guide book and were able to get a lot of information that way. I wish that I could say at least he was a good driver but he really wasn't. My only suggestions is that you ask around and get a reference for a good guide as it will make a difference on your trip. Have a fabulous time.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:38 AM

You should report the driver/guide to Roy's.

Habib was our quide and we can not say enough good about him.

God Bless him and his family.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

Any opinions on how much money to take along and in what denominations?
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:33 AM

We brought a grand and had about $200 left over but we paid for a few things with Amex.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Mind sharing how the $800 were spent? I guess I'm wondering what the incidentals are in a pre-paid trip.. Tips, water, food, gifts - what else?
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM

Is this already booked and confirmed or are you asking for input/ suggestions on tweaks?

We're about to book a trip with Roy's and the question of ensuring a decent guide is one that concerns me greatly... not sure how to handle that one.
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

This is all booked and confirmed.
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 09:01 AM

Much coolness...
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM

The person who had a poor guide with Roys really should let Roys know this. Kavey I am sure you have had lots of contact with Roys and they are aware of your needs. We went with them a year ago and had a wonderful guide. He so quickly understoon what we wanted from the trip and it was great. He always took us away from any crowds.
It was a great trip.
J
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 01:35 AM

Yes I have let them know what we are looking for...
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 12:12 PM

We went with Roy's almost two years ago now and had a fantastic guide - Camillus. He was a great person to spend time with, he was super at spotting animals, very knowledgeable and a good driver. Hope you get as good a guide!
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Interestingly enough Chamillus, the guide I mentioned in my post above, just sent me an e-mail to say that he has started his own business: African Safari Experts http://www.africansafarisexperts.com

I can highly recommend Chamillus as a guide.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 04:52 PM

We just got back from Tanzania and used Roy and had a fabulous time. Our safari guide was Baraka and he could not have been better! Intelligent--like a walking encyclopedia and very very nice and warm and friendly.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 06:20 PM

My mom and I used Roy in Jan. 07 (must get back to Africa!) and had a marvelous time with Roy. Our guide, Nicholas, made the trip. He was the most patient, knowledgable, kind person and an amazing driver that navigated the washed out roads with expertise.

Roy made us feel like family, and you will have a great time with them!