Search

Bon Voyage Liz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bon Voyage Liz

Liz,

Not sure if I'll get a chance to post again before you go, so I wanted to wish you and Max a wonderful time in Tanzania - I'm so glad that the call of Africa persuaded you to go back. Give my love to Tarangire and Kikoti - I really fell in love with that park & all the eles we saw there.

Stay well & take care of yourself.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Have a great trip, Liz. I am sure everything with the wire transfers will be fine.

On my last safari, I did everything by wire transfer, booking directly with the lodges, and although everything had not been confirmed as received by a couple lodges by the time I departed for my pre-Africa tour of Italy, everything turned out just fine.

I am sure the weather will be more suitable in March in Tanzania than it was is in Botswana last year. Enjoy this time as you are the current envy of all this board!!!
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 08:39 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Wow. This really touches my heart. What friends I have and I am touched. Ruthie you know you made my heart ache for the Serengeti and then SusanLynne went and I was a goner. I shall remember you to Kikoti and the whole of Tarangire.
So finally I will soon be on my way. We packed today and luckily because our bags wouldn't do and we got out our roll-aboards from 10 years ago and voila! They will be fine because we won't be in any small bush planes. The airlines keep changing requirements for carry ons and sizes. I was shocked that first class has to meet the same requirements as coach. Bummer.

Rocco, thank you for the words of encouragement about the wires. I am waiting up right now hoping for the confirmation email. Your post is very kind. We've decided to head out and take our chances, but golly your mind conjures up all sorts of scary things. Each time a person heads out to Africa, I don't care how many times they have been, its a new experience and you realize we are all novices in this and Africa dictates the challenges.
Oh my God, I just got the "you've got mail" message and our money got there. I had emailed their accounts department (along with everyone else I could think of) and they had promised to check today (Monday) and it was there. Oh Yay!!!!!! It WILL be a good trip. Thanks again. Liz
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 01:46 AM

Hope I didn't miss you! Have a WONDERFUL trip and be well! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 03:31 AM
sandi

Glad to hear you got confirmation of your wire transfers. Now all you two have to do is enjoy. We'll be here waiting to hear about your wonderful return to East Africa. Travel safe.

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 04:11 AM

Liz, have a great trip! Once you get settled in on the first flight, put you head back, squeeze Max's hand, close your eyes, and take a deep breath, thank the Lord and relax. Looking forward to reading report. Dick
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 05:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Have a wonderful trip, Liz and Max! I hope it's as magical as your first trip.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 05:59 AM

Thanks to all. Very nice to be leaving after all the hitches along the way. Mostly packed and psyched up and ready to do just what Dick Snyder said and then get started on the trip report .
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 07:29 AM

Liz - I'm pleased and relieved for you that the wire transfers arrived. I hope that you have a fabulous trip and I look forward to your trip report!

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 07:56 AM

Dreaming- Thank you for the good comments. Liz
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 09:47 AM

It goes without saying but have a great trip Liz. Wave to Kili for me!
I haven't even been home a week and it seems like forever since I was there.

It's pretty neat how all of us vicariously live through each other until we can return to Africa.

Enjoy yourself! Take care!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM

I'm not a regular, Liz, but I'm familiar with your posts and the valuable information you provide.

I wish you a fabulous return to East Africa, where a piece of your heart resides.
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 01:24 AM

Leely- I remember you well from your trip last year. I can't forget you walking across the bridge at Grumeti, I think it was, with the crocs below just hoping you would be their lunch. You told it so well! Thanks for your kind comments.
I am just preparing to depart, I will carry you all in my heart to Tanzania. Liz