Tanzania Safari in February 2007

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daugher and I are going to Tanzania on safari in February 2007. This is my dream trip and I am extremely excited already. I just joined Fodors.com and have found an extraordinary amount of good information - for which I say thanks!.

We are traveling with Thomson Safaris and are just looking for any feedback from others who have traveled with Thomson.
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:21 PM
bat

hi pbrydie:
Offhand, I cannot recall a trip report involving Thomson--perhaps someone else can or will post who has traveled with them. I perused the Trip Index and did not see one. But they are certainly reputable.

Now you can have fun planning what to pack!
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:51 PM

I think a poster named countingdown recently took a Thomson safari and had a great time. I don't think he or she has written up a trip report YET (hint hint to countingdown), but everything I've read about Thomson indicates that those who have traveled with them have been very satisfied.

As a side note, everytime I read a comment along the lines of "I'm taking my daughter/son..." I think to myself, "Oh why wasn't it my parents' dream to go on an African safari???" So you have one lucky daughter. Have a fantastic trip!
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:25 PM

I went on Thomson's Classic Camping Safari in March of this year. Like you it was to be my dream trip. I planned the trip for over a year and made my deposit 11 months in advance, once early March rolled around I began to get nervous wondering if this trip could possibly live up to my incredibly huge expectations. My safari with Thomson's was indeed the most incredible experience of my life and all of my expectations were met and or exceeded. I have not written a trip report yet (SORRY), but feel free to ask any questions here or you can email me privately at [email protected] I hope you stick around here, it is a great place and I can't wait to live vicariously through you these next few months leading up to your safari. A remarkable experience awaits you, I'm excited just thinking about it!
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

bat: thanks; and yes it's already a blast planning our packing list (I must admit the weight restriction scares me a little); although right now I'm focused on buying my first digital camera for the safari - have decided on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7S - now we need to practice practice practice!

Leely: thanks for the nice comments; I love traveling with my son and daughter (my only other big trip was to Madrid when my son lived there - it was beautiful) and my daughter has been to Africa twice -

Countingdown: This is great - thanks. I definitely will be in touch with you again. My experience with Thomson so far has been the best. We are also going on the Classic Thomson Safari.

And yes, I will stick around on Fodors -what a great place to meet people and get such helpful information - just the thought of this trip excites me -

Best to all -
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM

Hello,

You'll enjoy the FZ7 -- I used to have an FZ20 before going DSLR, and they are great cameras.

Another Fodorite started a great 'digital camera kit' thread which might be helpful if you still have questions about camera gear:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34807800

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers,
Julian
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Jasher: Thanks for the comments and digital camera thread - I will check it out.