Best Safari Planner

Oct 5th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Best Safari Planner

Jambo everyone We just returned from two weeks in Tanzania and Kenya. This was my dream trip that I have wanted since I was 10 years old. About 40 years of dreaming. Three years of saving and 1 1/2 years of Planning. Was it worth it? If the best would be a 10 and my expectations would be a 15 then I would say this trip was a 20. And one of the reasons was because of the best trip planner I have ever dealt with. I contacted Roys's Safari for a quote on an itinerary and they handed me to Sandy from Africa Serendipity. At first I was doubtful because I wondered why Roy's would hand me off to someone else. So I checked her out and she was legit. So then the endless e-mails back and forth began. And I mean in the beginning, endless. This trip was too important to me, to not ask a million questions. Let me tell you Sandi answered them all and almost immediately. And I would ask long detailed questions about each accomodation, how long it would take to drive from one place to another, what we should wear, tipping, etc. Anything you can think of I asked. Because I normally plan all of our trips myself and handing over to someone else was something that was hard to do. Sandi would answer my questions usually that day, or the next day. She answered them on the weekends, on Holidays. So I decided to go with her because of the attentiveness and the GREAT customer service she gave us. So I sent in my first deposit and thought, well that is probably the end of the great service. But no. She continued one whole year to answer any questions I had and towards the end I sent her 3 pages of last minute questions. All of them she answered with great detail. Many times my husband would read the e-mails and say to me 'I would have told you to go to hell months ago' because of all of the questions. Her suggestions on what parks to visit, how many nights, to do some inter flying instead of all driving, the differences in the lodges/camps were right on the money. Not that she told me where to stay, but she gave me choices and helped with those. She made me feel like I was her only customer. So, in my opinion, if you are ever looking for a trip planner to help you with your first safari or your 5th, she is the person/company to go with.
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:03 PM

Welcome back, purple! Very happy your trip was a 20 on a 1-10 scale.
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Welcome back! Glad you had such a great time on your FIRST trip to Africa. Sandi is such a valuable poster here, it is easy to see how good she would be putting together a trip. When you have the time, give us a trip report!
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

I actually kept a journal this time. Would write in it everynight so as to not forget anything. Just have to type it up. Have gone thru 8 of the 10 CD's of pictures and then will start on the 9 hours of video. Trying to put together 1 CD with the best of the best.
Oct 8th, 2006, 06:56 AM

Welcome back, purple...so glad your trip was a good one!
Cindy
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:50 PM

purple,
I have also been in contact with Sandi with regard to a trip I'm planning to Tanzania in 2008. I thought she wouldn't answer back once she heard the trip wasn't until 2008, but this was not the case as she answered very promptly. It's great to hear everything went well, as I have had doubts about dealing with a company over the internet. My main concern is what if the company is no longer in business once you've send your money.
I would love to hear more about your trip.
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:23 PM

Can you share Sandi's contact infor. I am rady for moving forward!
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

13 moons Here you go [email protected]

Raelond. I too was concerned but she deal thru Roys Safari and they have been in business for a very long time. Not sure if you can get insurance to cover. We did get insurance for the trip but not until 6 weeks before we left. And the final deposit is usally not asked for until about 6 weeks before you trip. Hope this helps. And I'm in the process of downloading some of the photos to Koadk Easy Share. Might take about 12 hours and then I have to put them in order and label them.