Reload this Page >

back from 3 months in Africa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 04:19 AM
leila

Hello all,<BR>I wanted to be available for questions regarding Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Cape town only), Tanzania and Zanziba. My husband and I returned from a 3 month honeymoon in these countries. We had an amazing time and did both camping and luxury properties. <BR><BR>Of all the places we went, we most highly recommend:<BR>--Roland's camp in Mahale Mountains, Tanzania for seeing the chimps<BR>--Northern Tanzania for scenery, people, and spectacular animal viewing<BR>--Maasia Camp near Olduvai gorge if you are interested in talking with and spending time with Maasai, and hiking with them<BR>--Zanzibar, especially emerson and green, Chole Mijini, Chumbe island, and Matemwe bungalows<BR>--Namibia...a gorgeous desert country with great wildlife viewing in Etosha national park. It's an inexpensive place for Americans to travel, and you can either join a tour or drive yourself. We did both.<BR>--Victoria falls, from the Zambia side, We stayed at the luxusious Tongabezi which was fantastic, and did the &quot;livingston island picnic&quot; which allows you to swim up to the edge of the falls<BR>--canoeing in Mana Pools, Zimbabwe (you can also do this from Zambia)<BR>--Chikwenya lodge in Zimbabwe was lovely in every way<BR>if you have questions I will try to respond on this forum.<BR>-L

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 04:35 AM
kavey

Leila<BR>Congratulations on your wedding and how wonderful that you were able to take so much time for a really special honeymoon.<BR>I'd be interested in any information you want to share - I don't know if you're intending to post a trip report since it was such a long trip - I'd be interested in your itinerary/ travel options (where did you go, for how long and in what order, and how did you travel) and also your feedback on the various camps you used.<BR>Thanks again,<BR>Kavey

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Celia

Leila, what a wonderful honeymoon!<BR><BR>I'd be interested in where you went and what you did in Namibia. My husband and I are planning to go there next May.<BR><BR>Celia

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:42 AM
xxx

Leila-<BR><BR>Where are you from? Was this your first trip to Africa? Something seems very strange here. When did you get back? xxx

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:57 AM
yyy

xxx: What's strange about spending 3 months in Africa? A friend of mine overlanded from Morocco to SA and spent even longer than that doing it.<BR><BR>leila: Sounds like a fantastic trip! Maybe you could post some of your highlights here?