- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Thousands of Chileans flock to Reñaca every summer for one, and only one, reason—the crashing waves. You need merely contemplate this wide stretch of golden sand pounded by aquamarine waves, glistening beneath an azure sky, to understand why it's so popular. Contemplate it on a January or February afternoon, though, and you're likely to have trouble discerning the golden sand for the numerous bodies stretched across it. Vacation apartments are stacked up the steep hillside behind the beach, and on summer nights the bars and restaurants are packed. If you're seeking solitude, continue up the coast.
Reñaca at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Central Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's