- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
An oasis cut from the brown desert, the tiny village of Mamiña has hundreds of hot springs. Renowned throughout Chile for their curative powers, these springs draw people from around the region. Every hotel in town has the thermal water pumped into its rooms, so you can enjoy a soak in the privacy of your own tina, or bathtub. The valley also has several public pools fed by thermal springs. The town itself is perched on a rocky cliff above the terraced green valley where locals grow alfalfa.
Mamiña at a Glance
Elsewhere in El Norte Grande
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's