Your first glimpse of the small resort town of Coroico will be unforgettable as you come around one of the numerous bends in the road on the long descent down from the Andes. People come here to see Los Yungas, an astounding subtropical region, as well as for an excellent break from the city of La Paz. If you really want to earn your sunbed by the pool, hitch onto a bicycle tour down the old "Road of Death."
Coroico at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's