- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
You can ride in the foothills of the Andes for a day or cross the Andes to Chile in a six-day adventure that takes you into a treeless landscape of rocky trails, roaring rivers, tiny green meadows, and lofty peaks. Argentine horses aren't allowed in Chile, so you'll have to either change horses at the border or return.
Estancia El Puesto. A large ranch with five bedrooms, Estancia El Puesto is near Manzano Histórico, where you're pampered with food, wine, river swimming, and day rides. Raul Labat, the owner and veteran of more than 30 crossings to Chile, still finds each trip rewarding. He offers three six-day journeys a year in January and February. Los Árboles, Tunuyán, Mendoza, 5600. 261/439–3533. www.estanciaelpuesto.com.ar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's