- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Beyond the streets of Barreal that hide in the shade of sauce llorones (weeping willows) and alamos, lie apple orchards, vineyards, and fields of mint, lavender, and anise. Using this tranquil village as your headquarters, you can mountain bike, horseback ride, hike, climb, or drive a 4x4 east into the Sierra Tontal, where at 3,999 meters (13,120 feet) you can see the highest ranges of the Andes, including Aconcagua (6,957 meters [22,825 feet]) and Mercedario (6,768 meters [22,205 feet]).
Barreal at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's