- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dozens of miles of hiking trails slice through the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest west of town. Major trailheads are on Highway 130, including trailheads for the 7-mi Corner Mountain Trail (3 mi west of Centennial), 7-mi Little Laramie Trail (5 mi west of Centennial), and 9-mi Medicine Bow Peak Trail (9 mi west of Centennial). The easy 1-mi Centennial Trail takes off from the Centennial Visitor Center at the forest boundary. More difficult is the 4½-mi Barber Lake Trail, which starts at Barber Lake and incorporates ski trails and old forest roads. Most hikers follow this trail downhill one way, and instead of doubling back use two vehicles to shuttle between Barber Lake and the Corner Mountain trailhead (the Barber Lake Trail hooks up with part of the Corner Mountain trail).
Trail maps and information are available at the Centennial Visitor's Center.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America
- $99 -- Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Ocean Views, Reg. $239 BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $45 & up -- Florida's Gulf Coast: Deals up to 55% Off The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly