- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- great location
- attractive lobby
- lots of amenities
- lots of tourists, families, and groups make hallways noisy late and early
- rates spike during summer and special events
Check Rates from our Partners
Shilo Inn Review
Framed by a Pacific Ocean seascape to the west and a dune-covered state park to the south, this all-suites hotel welcomes guests resort-style. The lower floor opens into an expanse of elegant lounging areas, each dotted with hand-carved models of international sailing vessels and life-size marble sea creatures—and it's all backed by a 3,000-gallon aquarium that looks into the pool. Large, modern suites include a living area, fireplace, and a balcony overlooking the beach. A five-minute walk takes you to the surf, local shops, and outdoor activities. The restaurant and lounge serves American fare and fine Northwest cuisine.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more