A 110-foot gallery with Wedgwood-blue cast-iron grillwork makes a lovely setting for the weddings and receptions frequently held at the Myrtles. The house, built around 1796, has elegant formal parlors with rich molding and faux-marble paneling. Because the upper floor is used as a bed-and-breakfast, the scope of the daytime guided tour is limited. The house is reputedly haunted, and the fun mystery tours, held at night, are more of a draw than the day tours (reservations
are a good idea). The Carriage House Restaurant, beside the house, serves lunch and dinner.
7747 U.S. 61, about 1 mile north of downtown St. Francisville, St. Francisville, Louisiana, 70775, United States