The Myrtles Review
A 110-foot gallery with Wedgwood-blue cast-iron grillwork makes a lovely setting for the weddings and receptions frequently held at the Myrtles. The house, built around 1796, has elegant formal parlors with rich molding and faux-marble paneling. Because the upper floor is used as a bed-and-breakfast, the scope of the daytime guided tour is limited. The house is reputedly haunted, and the fun mystery tours, held at night, are more of a draw than the day tours (reservations are a good idea). The Carriage House Restaurant, beside the house, serves lunch and dinner.
- Address: 7747 U.S. 61, about 1 mile north of downtown St. Francisville, St. Francisville, LA, 70775 | Map It
- Phone: 225/635–6277; 800/809–0565
- Cost: $10 day tours, $12 mystery tours
- Hours: Daily 9–5; mystery tours Fri. and Sat. nights at 6, 7, and 8.
- Website: www.myrtlesplantation.com
- Location: St. Francisville
View deals in Side Trips from New Orleans for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More