- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Myrtles Review
A 110-foot gallery with Wedgwood-blue cast-iron grillwork makes a lovely setting for the weddings and receptions frequently held at the Myrtles. The house, built around 1796, has elegant formal parlors with rich molding and faux-marble paneling. Because the upper floor is used as a bed-and-breakfast, the scope of the daytime guided tour is limited. The house is reputedly haunted, and the fun mystery tours, held at night, are more of a draw than the day tours (reservations are a good idea). The Carriage House Restaurant, beside the house, is a fine place for lunch or dinner.
- Address: 7747 U.S. 61, about 1 mi north of downtown St. Francisville St. Francisville, LA 70775 | Map It
- Phone: 225/635–6277; 800/809–0565
- Cost: $8 day tours, $10 mystery tours
- Hours: Daily 9–5; mystery tours Fri. and Sat. nights at 6, 7, and 8.
- Website: www.myrtlesplantation.com
- Location: St. Francisville
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Not even sure it is worth marking this as a real trip report, but I will anyway. Read more
A summary for those who don’t like to read long reports: we had a week with Road Scholar (former Elderhostel), saw a lot, ate a lot, learned a lot. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more