- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chefs across America are ditching the white tablecloths and applying fine-dining chops to burgers, bar food, and comfort fare. Here, chef Scott Boswell of Stella! takes this track with the food of Louisiana. At breakfast, pancakes are covered in earthy Louisiana cane syrup and eggs Benedict are topped with Cajun boudin sausage. At lunch and dinner, oyster po' boys get an extra zing from spicy remoulade dressing and the roast beef po' boy is remade as Korean barbecue with sinus-clearing kimchee. Some grumble about prices too high for what is, at heart, New Orleans neighborhood fare but this crisply decorated café sits on a coveted corner of Jackson Square, and that view is priceless.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am traveling to New Orleans in September for 5 days for a conference. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more