- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Eleven 79 Review
If the Rat Pack boys were alive today, they'd ask for a corner table at this tiny, softly lit Italian eatery, where garlic rules and red wine is revered. Dean Martin music adds a soft ambience, while candlelit tables serve as the perfect platform for tender pastas bathed in perfectly seasoned sauces. The panéed (breaded) veal with asparagus, buffalo mozzarella, roasted red peppers, and lemon sauce is sublime, but make sure to check out the specials. Note that pasta dishes are available as half orders. Every dish is full of flavor; there is no such thing as a bad meal at Eleven 79. Only the bar is open on Mondays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Not even sure it is worth marking this as a real trip report, but I will anyway. Read more
A summary for those who don’t like to read long reports: we had a week with Road Scholar (former Elderhostel), saw a lot, ate a lot, learned a lot. Read more
Hi, I'm wanting to do a road trip from Nashville to Dallas. Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more