With George Merrick as a charter member (he donated the land on which it stands) this parish was organized in 1923. Rumor has it that Merrick built Coral Gables's first church, in honor of his father, a Congregational minister. It's only natural then that this was the first church in the state of Florida to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Nowadays, this functioning church is welcoming, regardless of age, sexual orientation, or faith. The original
interior is still in magnificent condition. The church is located across from the Biltmore Hotel.