- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel des Arts
At a Glance
- art-gallery atmosphere
- good location
- only about half the rooms have private baths
- small rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel des Arts Review
You'll need to climb a narrow, nondescript staircase to discover this small, funky hotel that doubles as an art gallery: the hallways and rooms have been transformed by international artists who painted splashy murals and installed site-specific small sculptures. The exhibited art is rotated constantly, so you can let serendipity be your guide. If you're looking for a cool souvenir of your stay, some small paintings are available for purchase. The staff serves a minimal Continental breakfast that will leave most hungry. For the best rates, you have to book for seven nights.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more