One of the glitziest places on the planet, the City of Angels combines the people-watching of Rodeo Drive, the nonstop nightlife of the Sunset Strip, and the star quality of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. World-class art museums like the Getty and such jaw-dropping architectural gems as the Walt Disney Concert Hall turn heads. In this top dining destination, the taco stands and celebrity-filled eateries win equal acclaim. The weather in Los Angeles is ideal year-round, so bust out your sunglasses and cruise with the top down to the beach or even to Disneyland.
- Star Gazing No telescope required at the Hollywood Bowl or Beverly Hills.
- Eating From food trucks to fine dining to famous markets, you’ll find a new fave.
- Sun and Fun Beaches and boardwalks beckon in Santa Monica, Venice, and Malibu.
- Shopping Melrose and Robertson will have you knee-deep in shopping bags.
- Architecture Two Franks—Gehry and Lloyd Wright—top the list of masters.
- Great drives You can glide down Laurel Canyon Boulevard or the Pacific Coast Highway.