- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Hotel and Suites
At a Glance
- complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property
- close to Eaton Centre, St. Lawrence Market, and Yonge Street
- the neighborhood is a bit run-down
- breakfast is the same every day
Grand Hotel and Suites Review
A gorgeous 30-foot facade leads into a lobby of gleaming marble and granite pillars peppered with plush furnishings. Two-room suites have spacious living rooms separated from the bedroom by French doors while oversized ambassador suites are one- or two-stories with two bathrooms and a full kitchen. Grand Jacuzzi suites have king-size beds and massive whirlpool tubs. Relax in a two-story, indoor pool surrounded by hand-painted, neoclassical-style murals or browse through the hotel's 24-hour gift shop. There's even a patio garden and heated whirlpool on the rooftop terrace with views of Lake Ontaria, accessible to all hotel guests. Fine dining is available at the Citrus Room which offers innovative mains like olive oil–infused poached halibut and lamb shank with cilantro chutney.
- Address: 225 Jarvis St., Old Town, Toronto, ON M5B 2C1
- Phone: 416/863–9000; 877/324–7263
- Website: www.grandhoteltoronto.com
- Metro Dundas.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
- 177 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more