- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Rheinfelder Bierhaus Review
Locals know this Niederdorf institution by its unsettling nickname: Bluetig Tuume, or the "Bloody Thumb." The venue is nonetheless often packed with happy patrons. It is famous locally for its entrecôte café de Paris (steak with herb butter), sausage standbys, and the pride of the Spanish/Romansch owners, a homemade paella that must be ordered in advance. Snag one of the few tables lined up outside in warm weather—a steady stream of passersby in this pedestrian zone makes for good entertainment.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more