- Montreux's Promenade du Lac Walk three magical miles along Lac Léman (Lake Geneva) to the Château de Chillon, Switzerland's most beautiful castle.
- Tramping with Charlie Chaplin Vevey commemorates its celebrated citizen in bronze at its lake rose garden and is designing a museum in his honor in Corsier.
- Lausanne's table for two Acolyte of superchef Philippe Rochat, Benoit Violier is the new culinary king to watch.
- The grape escape From La Côte to Chablais, vineyards and wine cellars allow you to sip vintages that seldom make it beyond the border.
- Palatial pursuits Grandes dames of luxury, the Beau-Rivage Palace and Montreux Palace hotels even synchronize their gilded awnings to the sun's daily tour over the lake.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More