- Montreux's Promenade du Lac Walk three magical miles along Lac Léman (Lake Geneva) to the Château de Chillon, Switzerland's most beautiful castle.
- Tramping with Charlie Chaplin Vevey commemorates its celebrated citizen in bronze at its lake rose garden and is designing a museum in his honor in Corsier.
- Lausanne's table for two Acolyte of superchef Philippe Rochat, Benoit Violier is the new culinary king to watch.
- The grape escape From La Côte to Chablais, vineyards and wine cellars allow you to sip vintages that seldom make it beyond the border.
- Palatial pursuits Grandes dames of luxury, the Beau-Rivage Palace and Montreux Palace hotels even synchronize their gilded awnings to the sun's daily tour over the lake.
Want to stay at the finest properties when you travel? Check out our annual list of the 100 best hotels in the world.More