- Top of the world At 11,333 feet, the Jungfraujoch isn't the highest place on the planet, but it certainly feels like it, with the Alp's longest glacier and scores of snow-slathered peaks so close.
- Twin peaks The upwardly mobile head to the adjacent mountaintop villages of Wengen and Mürren to find the Switzerland of cheese, chalet, and chic cliché.
- Shangri-la found Complete with 72 cascading waterfalls (among Europe's highest), the Lauterbrunnen Valley is like a massive version of Yosemite National Park.
- Gilded Gstaad Money attracts money, and there's certainly a lot of it here. Mere mortals can indulge in exquisite meals, skiing, and overnight stays in paradise.
- Old Switzerland, in a nutshell Ballenberg is a delightfully reconstructed Swiss village—à la America's Colonial Williamsburg—with traditional crafts on show.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More