- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This branch of the long-standing chain of neighborhood bistros on atmospheric Victoria Street is a reliable choice for contemporary Scottish fare—think lots of fresh local produce, fish, and game. Alongside the daily specials (including soup) and quality Scottish steaks and salmon creations, there are inventive yet hearty dishes. Smoked hake with caponata successfully matches the North Atlantic catch to a take on the Sicilian classic. Service is friendly, and the decor includes dark wood furnishings and warm colors—it's understated and informal. The wine list is decent but limited, and desserts include an enjoyable truffle and whisky torte. For value, try the fixed-price lunch (£9.95) or early evening dinner (£14.95). There's a grander New Town branch at 29 Waterloo Place.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
After 19 visits to London, all but two on our own, we're planning #20. Read more