- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
This branch of the long-standing chain of neighborhood bistros on atmospheric Victoria Street is a reliable choice for contemporary Scottish fare—think lots of fresh local produce, fish, and game. Alongside the daily specials (including soup) and quality Scottish steaks and salmon creations, there are inventive yet hearty dishes. Smoked hake with caponata successfully matches the North Atlantic catch to a take on the Sicilian classic. Service is friendly, and the decor includes dark wood furnishings and warm colors—it's understated and informal. The wine list is decent but limited, and desserts include an enjoyable truffle and whisky torte. For value, try the fixed-price lunch (£9.95) or early evening dinner (£14.95). There's a grander New Town branch at 29 Waterloo Place.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I now have two days to fill .... driving between St Ives and London in July. Looking at Wales which is a totally unknown for me. Would like to find a lovely hotel for those two nights but have no idea where Read more