- Atlantis Refound? Volcanic, spectacular Santorini is possibly the last remnant of the "lost continent"—the living here is as high as the towns' cliff-top perches.
- Ariadne's Island Mythic haunt of the ancient Minoan princess, Naxos is the largest of the Cyclades and is noted for its 16th-century Venetian homes.
- Lively, Liberated Mykonos The rich arrive by yacht, the middle class by plane, the backpackers by boat—but everyone is out to enjoy the golden sands and Dionysian nightlife.
- Cubism, Cycladic Style The smiling island of Sifnos is studded with miragelike white clusters of houses that tumble down hillsides like so many cubist sculptures.
- Tantalizing Antiparos Hiding within the shadow of its mother island of Paros, this long-forgotten jewel has been discovered by Hollywood high-rollers like Tom Hanks and Brad Pitt.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More