- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Continuing the tradition begun by his father in 1957, Yiannis Katsimprakis serves the very best seafood on Rhodes and speaks passionately of eating fish as though it's a lost art. Don't bother with the menu; just ask for suggestions, throw pecuniary cautions to the winds, and savor every bite, whether you choose caviar, mussels in wine, smoked eel, or sea urchins. He even cooks up porphyra, the mollusk yielding the famous purple dye of the Byzantine emperors. A side dish might be sautéed squash with wild glistrida (purslane), grown in the restaurant's own gardens.
Alexis 4 Seasons. If you visit during the off-season, try Katsimprakis's other restaurant, Alexis 4 Seasons, which is open year-round. Aristotelous 33, 85100. 22410/70522 or 22410/70523.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more