Albert's Shed Review
A relaxed canalside setting and an alluring contemporary interior with large plate-glass windows compensate for the uninspiring, brick box facade of this traditional Castlefield restaurant. Most of the dishes, which use produce from Lancashire farms, hark back to the English country-manor table: roast venison loin topped with Stilton cheese and a port and blackberry jus, for example. Other dishes, like pot roast beef with pancetta and Madeira gravy, bring a scent of the Mediterranean. There's also a selection of pizzas and pasta dishes. An excellent-value lunch menu (two courses for £11) is served until 6 on weekdays, 4 on Saturday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's