- Baden. Spend an afternoon discovering the attractive spa and casino town of Baden.
- Leisurely bike rides. Pedal through the flat plains surrounding Neusiedl Lake, stopping to explore scenic hamlets and dine on fresh fish from the lake.
- The Melk Abbey. Magnificent Benedictine Baroque splendor leaves you breathless. The enormous edifice, stately royal rooms, lovely library, and golden, glittering church are incomparable.
- Linz. As the saying goes, "It begins in Linz." Designated a Cultural Capital of Europe 2009, the capital of the province of Upper Austria has awakened to a new future, taking a leading role in contemporary art, style, and design.
- Wachau Valley. Travel in tranquility by boat or bike between the historic towns of Krems and Melk and experience the Danube Valley's most picturesque and verdant vistas.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More