- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
St. Joseph's House
At a Glance
- very inexpensive
- dorm room is great for young kids and teenagers
- good for brief stays or overnights
- taxi or minibus required to get to town
Check Rates from our Partners
St. Joseph's House Review
Quaint and colorful St. Joseph's Catholic Church, which the apartments overlook, operates this small hostel—actually a training and meeting complex for the community. The accommodations are small but tidy and bright; the view from each verandah is one of the best in the Grenadines. Each unit has a bedroom and sitting area. Two apartments share a kitchen; the other has its own. A separate West Indian–style cottage, with a full kitchen, is high on the hillside; a dorm room sleeps seven people (linens are provided). Bookings are arranged by Erika's Marine Services (784/485–8335), on the waterfront in Clifton.
- Address: Clifton, Union Island VC0470
- Phone: 784/485–8335
- Location: Union Island
- 3 apartments, 1 cottage, 1 dorm room.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My GF & I decided to take a week & spend some time on Bequia, more specifically the Moonhole 'compound' after I read an article about Tom Johnston in (I believe) the NYTimes travel section. Read more
I spent recently 3 weeks in the Caribbean and I strongly recommend going to Tobago Cays. Read more
Trying to find the best vacation spot in the Caribbean for a single woman. Read more