Reputed to have Seoul's best samgyetang (Korean chicken soup), this unassuming restaurant, set in a group of traditional houses, is best recognized by the lines that form outside during lunch. While it is best to go between the lunch and dinner rushes, Tosokchon's signature samgyetang is worth the wait. The chicken used here is not oily in the least and the stuffing of over 30 different herbs and grains as well as ginseng, garlic, and jujube make it a filling and healthy meal. Just keep in mind that this is not the place to go for a selection of Korean food as samgyetang is nearly the only thing on the menu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight.... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more