- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tad Fane is Laos's most impressive waterfall, pounding down through magnificent jungle foliage for almost 400 feet. It's set on the border of the Dong Hua Sao National Park and up in the cool air of the Bolaven Plateau, Laos's premiere coffee growing region. There's good hiking here, and the cool temperatures are a relief from the heat and humidity down on the Mekong. The area is accessible as a day trip from Pakse, though there is a somewhat run-down and overpriced resort at the base of the falls should you care to stay.
Elsewhere in Laos
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's