Fodor's Essential India
Ken River Lodge
At a Glance
- very secluded, with no tourist traps in sight
- far from town, making transportation expensive
- monkeys regularly (and loudly) run across the roofs
Check Rates from our Partners
Ken River Lodge Review
Near Panna National Park, about a half hour from Khajuraho, this lodge is perfect for nature lovers, with basic mud huts and cottages with hot water and private baths, but no phones, TVs, or air-conditioning. The price includes all meals—options include restaurants, a riverside treehouse, or a campfire barbeque—and a higher price also includes two jeep trips into the park with an experienced guide and the lodge's own naturalist. The owner also has a night-safari camp and a jungle wildlife camp reached by boat.
- Address: Near Madla Village, Panna District Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 488001 | Map It
- Phone: 7686/275–235 at the lodge; 98100–24711 cell phone; 98102–53436 cell phone for reservations
- Website: www.kenriverlodge.com
- Location: Khajuraho
- 10 cottages, 10 huts.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed May–Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
I'm so confused. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more