- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Hong Kong
Hop Inn Carnarvon
At a Glance
- fun, beautifully original decor for budget lodgings
- friendly staff
- ultra-cool common room and outside deck
- private bathrooms
- if you bring a guest back who stays past 1 am, you will be charged an extra 50 percent on your room rate
- not too many amenities, but the price is right
Check Rates from our Partners
Hop Inn Carnarvon Review
One of the city's most charming and personable budget locations exudes loads of character in tidy, comfortable rooms that are clean, well-organized, and individually decorated by local artists with lots of color. A super-comfy common room has a foosball table and massive DVD collection and opens to a spacious open-air deck with chairs and tables, an amazing place to meet fellow backpackers. You'll find all kinds of postings for happening activities (at discount prices) around town, and the area is loaded with places to eat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
A member of the Design Hotels group, the new Mira Moon hotel flaunts cutting-edge design in Hong Kong's ... Read more
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays.... Read more
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from... Read more