- Hangzhou Teatime Sip sublime Longjing tea and buy silk in the footsteps of Marco Polo at Hangzhou's romantic West Lake.
- Qiantian Tidal Bore Marvel at one of nature's most enthralling spectacles the mighty tidal bore at the mouth of Zhejiang's Qiantian River.
- Gulangyu Wander through narrow alleyways filled with a fascinating blend of Chinese and European architecture, and recharge in seaside garden pavilions without dodging traffic on this historic, car-free island.
- Shaoxing Wine Dramatized by one of China's most famous writers, Lu Xun, Shaoxing wine is celebrated throughout the region. Potent for sure, Shaoxing wine is de rigueur for local dining.
- Hakka Roundhouses The founder of modern China, Dr. Sun Yat-sen, came from China's proud Hakka minority people, whose ancient tradition of rounded-home architecture is now treasured.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More