- Hangzhou Teatime Sip sublime longjing (Dragon Well) tea and stroll in the footsteps of Marco Polo at Hangzhou's romantic West Lake.
- Qiantang Tidal Bore Marvel at one of nature's most enthralling spectacles the mighty tidal bore at the mouth of Zhejiang's Qiantang River, best seen during the fall equinox.
- Gulangyu Wander through narrow alleyways filled with a fascinating blend of Chinese and European architecture, and recharge in seaside garden pavilions on this historic, car-free island.
- Shaoxing Wine Dramatized by one of China's most famous writers, Lu Xun, Shaoxing wine is celebrated throughout the region. Potent to be sure, Shaoxing wine is de rigueur for local dining.
- Hakka Roundhouses The founder of the Republic of China, Dr. Sun Yat-sen, came from China's proud Hakka minority group, whose ancient tradition of rounded-home architecture is now treasured.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More