- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Burning Shore Lodge
At a Glance
- if you're famous, beautiful, and looking to hide from paparazzi, nobody would think to find you here
- it's also right on the beach
- quiet...and a bit dull
Burning Shore Lodge Review
This small beachfront hotel halfway between Walvis Bay and Swakopmund, is simply one to tick off for the celeb-hunters. But other than the fact that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie holed up here, it doesn't have a huge amount going for it. The property, owned by the Protea hotel group, is in a strangely ghost-like beachfront suburb of largely empty houses and is what looks like a converted house itself. The majority of the light, mod-con equipped rooms are sea-facing. The area is very quiet and a car is essential for exploring either Walvis Bay or Swakopmund.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more