- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Until recently Restinga-Smir was a small fishing village. Development has come quickly: it's now one of the region's priciest summering spots, rimmed by a long, uninterrupted beach. Its beaches are yellow sand and protected from wind. An amusement park, Smir, has roller coasters for kids; outfitters in the port area offer other diversions such as windsurfing, horseback riding, miniature golf, tennis, and camping, all of which your hotel can arrange. Marina Smir is lined with shops, cafés, and small restaurants geared toward tourists and affluent locals. Most upscale restaurants are in the hotels, but the seafood places on the marina are all good bets, grilling up the catch of the day in a pleasant outdoor atmosphere.
Restinga-Smir at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's