- The Old City For an astonishing montage of religions and cultures, the heart of Jerusalem—with the Holy Sepulcher, Arab bazaar, and Western Wall—has few equals anywhere in the world.
- Mt. of Olives This classic panorama puts the entire Old City, with the golden Dome of the Rock, squarely within your lens. The view is best with the morning sun behind you.
- Machaneh Yehuda You can munch a falafel as you watch shoppers swirl and eddy through West Jerusalem's outstanding produce market.
- Israel Museum The museum, fresh from an enormous renewal, is a winner, with its Dead Sea Scrolls, outdoor model, and a stunning collection of fine art, archaeology, and Judaica.
- City of David Plunge underground to explore Jerusalem's most ancient remains, and wade the 2,700-year-old water tunnel that once saved the besieged city.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More