Search

Abacos Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abacos Restaurants

I will be in Marsh Harbor in about three weeks. We have a house, but will want to dine out a few times while there. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 11:09 AM

My favorite place for a casual meal in Marsh Harbour is Sappodilly's -- it's across the street from the harbour in a porch-like setting with good (fried) seafood -- I like their conch fritters. For a nicer meal, Mangoes on the waterfront has a varied menu and a good bar, but is a bit on the pricey side. Snappas is also on the water and has a limited menu, but the grilled fish is sublimely fresh and perfectly cooked -- get it in a sandwich or on top of caesar salad. The Jib Room, across the harbour at Marsh Harbour Marina, offers a Saturday night prime rib special (when I was there this past November, it was before the start of the season, and they were finishing up a renovation -- but listen to the Cruiser's Net on VHF 68 at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday morning and you'll know whether it's a go or not).

I expect you'll probably take the ferry or a rental boat over to the other cays, or a rental car down to Little Harbour, so so here are a few other good dining spots to consider:

- Nipper's pig roast on Sunday -- good food and a good value(Great Guana Cay)
- Captain Jack's or Harbour's Edge in Hopetown (Elbow Cay)
- Pete's Pub in Little Harbour -- good burgers

All of the above (among others) are part of the quintessential Abaco experience.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Callaloo. We are staying in Man O'War Cay but your post has us drooling so I guess we will be "out" quite a bit! Thanks.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM

don't forget Wally's on Marsh and the fabulous Cracker P's on Lubber's. The latter has a dock and is a great place to stop while you explore south. Cracker P's has a website too!
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, queenb.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

One other essential question. I am a beer drinker and I understand no alcholic beverages are sold on Man O'War Cay. I will be arriving at the MHH airport and taking the ferry to Man O'War. Where is the best place to buy my beer before I cross to Man O'War?