I am thinking about taking the family to Yosemite in mid October. What will the crowds be like? We have only skirted the park before on our way to the Grand Canyon. So I don't know the best plan. I have been doing some reading here and trying to figure out where to stay and what top things to do/see. We will be coming from Southern Oregon, so the first day and the last will be driving. Could we see enough if we have 3 full days in the park? My girls are 9 and 17. We are all up to moderate hikes. Camp Curry sounds like it could work for us if camping is still an option. Otherwise, what would be our best semi-budget lodging idea? I'll keep reading and see what everyone has to say!
Yosemite, October 2011
View all United States activity »
- 1 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 2 Warm and don't Drive
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Hotel near Public Theater
- 5 California Tour Groups?
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 8 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 9 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 10 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 11 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 12 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 16 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 17 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 18 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 24 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 25 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014