I am thinking about taking the family to Yosemite in mid October. What will the crowds be like? We have only skirted the park before on our way to the Grand Canyon. So I don't know the best plan. I have been doing some reading here and trying to figure out where to stay and what top things to do/see. We will be coming from Southern Oregon, so the first day and the last will be driving. Could we see enough if we have 3 full days in the park? My girls are 9 and 17. We are all up to moderate hikes. Camp Curry sounds like it could work for us if camping is still an option. Otherwise, what would be our best semi-budget lodging idea? I'll keep reading and see what everyone has to say!
Yosemite, October 2011
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving out of states from Florida
- 2 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 3 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 4 new york subway help please
- 5 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 6 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 7 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 8 Atlanta to LA
- 9 Things to do in La Jolla
- 10 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 11 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 12 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 13 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 14 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 15 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 16 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando
- 19 Things to do in Key West
- 20 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 21 Boston & Cape Cod
- 22 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 Romantic destination in the US
- 25 Cleveland to Chicago by train