I am thinking about taking the family to Yosemite in mid October. What will the crowds be like? We have only skirted the park before on our way to the Grand Canyon. So I don't know the best plan. I have been doing some reading here and trying to figure out where to stay and what top things to do/see. We will be coming from Southern Oregon, so the first day and the last will be driving. Could we see enough if we have 3 full days in the park? My girls are 9 and 17. We are all up to moderate hikes. Camp Curry sounds like it could work for us if camping is still an option. Otherwise, what would be our best semi-budget lodging idea? I'll keep reading and see what everyone has to say!
Yosemite, October 2011
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast