I am thinking about taking the family to Yosemite in mid October. What will the crowds be like? We have only skirted the park before on our way to the Grand Canyon. So I don't know the best plan. I have been doing some reading here and trying to figure out where to stay and what top things to do/see. We will be coming from Southern Oregon, so the first day and the last will be driving. Could we see enough if we have 3 full days in the park? My girls are 9 and 17. We are all up to moderate hikes. Camp Curry sounds like it could work for us if camping is still an option. Otherwise, what would be our best semi-budget lodging idea? I'll keep reading and see what everyone has to say!
Yosemite, October 2011
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 2 East Coast in December
- 3 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 4 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 5 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 6 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 9 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 10 Florida St George's Island
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Washington DC in Spring?
- 13 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October