My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip
- 2 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 3 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 4 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 5 Grand Marais?
- 6 Beach holiday with baby
- 7 Things to do around New York
- 8 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 9 Does it seem like people in the US have become...
- 10 Cape cod and Acadia
- 11 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 12 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 13 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 14 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 15 Barrow Alaska
- 16 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 17 Salt Lake City
- 18 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 19 Park City Utah
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 Maine in latter half of September
- 22 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 23 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 24 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 25 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux