My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
- 1 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 2 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 3 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 4 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 5 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 6 build a nice website
- 7 Red Leather Sofa
- 8 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 9 Albuquerque to Denver
- 10 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 11 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 12 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 13 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 14 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 15 Using public transit in San Diego
- 16 Williamsburg VA
- 17 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 18 A Visit to Charleston
- 19 Restos in Boca Raton
- 20 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 21 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 22 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 23 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 24 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 25 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation