My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 New England Skiing
- 3 Yosemite Lodging
- 4 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 8 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 9 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 12 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 13 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 14 What's new on Maui?
- 15 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 20 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Oregon Road Trip
- 23 Broadway choices
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?