My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 6 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 10 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 11 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 14 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 15 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 16 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 17 Kennedy Space Center
- 18 Jersey City Parking
- 19 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 20 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 21 Asheville NC without a car
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Myrtle Beach
- 24 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 25 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston