My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara, California
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 4 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 5 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 9 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 10 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 11 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 14 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 20 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 24 Yosemite Fire
- 25 Lodging - Yosemite