My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 2 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 3 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 10 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 11 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 14 Breckenridge in October
- 15 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 16 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 17 Richmond highlights?
- 18 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 19 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 20 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 21 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 22 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 23 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 24 Washington DC in Spring?
- 25 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai