My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BUY PASSPORT(firstname.lastname@example.org)DRIVING LICENSE,
- 2 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 3 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 4 N California trip questions
- 5 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 6 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 7 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 8 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 9 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 10 Colorado aspen updates
- 11 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 12 Fall color yet?
- 13 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 14 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 15 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 16 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 17 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 18 New England Skiing
- 19 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 20 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 21 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 22 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 23 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 24 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 25 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown