My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 2 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 3 Hana from the aiport
- 4 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 5 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 6 from Moab to Bryce
- 7 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 10 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 11 San Diego-Hotel
- 12 Los Angeles day trips
- 13 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 14 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 17 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 18 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 19 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 20 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 21 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 22 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 23 Las Vegas in March
- 24 Kauai Garden tours
- 25 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!