My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 3 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 4 Boston in winter?
- 5 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 6 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 7 san fran sightseeing
- 8 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 9 American Honeymoon in March
- 10 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 11 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 12 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 13 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 14 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 15 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 16 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 17 Colorado Skiing
- 18 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 19 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 20 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 21 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 22 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 23 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 24 charlotte
- 25 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando