My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Help with NYC transit
- 3 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 4 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 5 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 6 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 7 Albuquerque to Denver
- 8 Boston Area College Tour
- 9 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 10 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 11 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 12 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 13 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 14 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 D.C. in a day
- 17 Door County
- 18 10 Days in Maine
- 19 Using public transit in San Diego
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 22 A Visit to Charleston
- 23 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 24 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 25 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it