My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
View all United States activity »
- 1 Paso Robles, CA
- 2 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 3 SFO airport changing terminals
- 4 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 5 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 6 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 7 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 8 San Diego or Hawaii
- 9 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 10 Vegas Shows
- 11 Would you become a "fake" travel agent to save money?
- 12 South Haven, Michigan in the winter
- 13 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 14 SF Activities
- 15 Florida: Palm Beach to Sarasota
- 16 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 17 Charleston SC 3 day visit
- 18 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 19 Full day in Nashville
- 20 Skiing
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?
- 23 Kona/Lyman's Bay rental property?
- 24 Mini-Trip to Ashland VA ("Center of the Universe”!)
- 25 just me in nyc- dine alone spots near hotel