My husband and I are planning on taking a road trip the first week of October from Starkville, MS to Lexington, KY. Our current plan includes 2 or 3 nights in Asheville, as we have made day trips to Biltmore, but never spent the night in the area. We would like suggestions on where to stay and area attractions. Since we have made a few day trips to see the Biltmore House and Winery, we were trying to focus on the town of Asheville and short hikes in the area to see waterfalls and great views. We are looking for shorter hikes; less than 5 miles. After reading the trip reports on this site, we are not sure if we want to stay at the Inn at Biltmore or somewhere closer to town. We are also foodies and would love some restaurant suggestions.
Where to stay in Asheville,NC and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 2 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 10 day trip to California
- 5 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 6 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 7 Drive along the Columbia River
- 8 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 9 Wine Country Picnic
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 12 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 13 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 14 Boston/Fenway park
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 17 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 24 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 25 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC