Next week I will be in Washington for a 2-day business meeting.
Since most of my time in DC will be dictated by the meeting's agenda, I want to see how I can make the most out of the small amount of free time.
So far, my agenda looks like this:
Arrive at Dulles airport at 4 pm, take taxi to Latham Hotel in Georgetown on M Street @ 30th St.
If still alive, walk around the neighborhood (which looks pretty nice on Streetview) in jet-lagged zombie mode and grab a bite to eat.
Any eatery in that area to try out (nothing fancy, as I will probably not be able to appreciate it)?
Day will be blocked by meeting and dinner at Zaytinya (why, oh why is there no way to sample regional American cuisine when attending an "international conference" in the US)
P.S. While I could take a taxi, I noticed that there is a Circulator bus calling at M Street in Georgetown and almost to the doorsteps of the venue of the meeting on I Street at Franklin Park. Or is taking the bus a stupid idea?
Meeting ends at 4pm.
At that time, museums should be closed, so I would look for an area to do a bit of Christmas shopping.. some place that looks especially nice with the Christmas decorations up. Any suggestions?
Free time all day until appr. 3 or 4 pm.
I am interested in American history, also into architecture or transport-related museums or sights. During other visits to DC, I have visited the Smithsonian, Air and Space, and the Mall.
This time I was thinking about the American History Museum. Good idea? Or any alternatives.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 2 MN lake home rental needed
- 3 Desert Southwest
- 4 Thinking of moving from Boston to San Diego
- 5 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 6 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 7 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 10 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 11 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 16 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 17 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 18 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 19 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 22 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 23 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 24 Extended weekend beach get away
- 25 Parking US OPEN