Next week I will be in Washington for a 2-day business meeting.
Since most of my time in DC will be dictated by the meeting's agenda, I want to see how I can make the most out of the small amount of free time.
So far, my agenda looks like this:
Arrive at Dulles airport at 4 pm, take taxi to Latham Hotel in Georgetown on M Street @ 30th St.
If still alive, walk around the neighborhood (which looks pretty nice on Streetview) in jet-lagged zombie mode and grab a bite to eat.
Any eatery in that area to try out (nothing fancy, as I will probably not be able to appreciate it)?
Day will be blocked by meeting and dinner at Zaytinya (why, oh why is there no way to sample regional American cuisine when attending an "international conference" in the US)
P.S. While I could take a taxi, I noticed that there is a Circulator bus calling at M Street in Georgetown and almost to the doorsteps of the venue of the meeting on I Street at Franklin Park. Or is taking the bus a stupid idea?
Meeting ends at 4pm.
At that time, museums should be closed, so I would look for an area to do a bit of Christmas shopping.. some place that looks especially nice with the Christmas decorations up. Any suggestions?
Free time all day until appr. 3 or 4 pm.
I am interested in American history, also into architecture or transport-related museums or sights. During other visits to DC, I have visited the Smithsonian, Air and Space, and the Mall.
This time I was thinking about the American History Museum. Good idea? Or any alternatives.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 2 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 3 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 4 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 5 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 6 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 7 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 8 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 9 4 Days in Juneau?
- 10 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 11 5 Days near Denver
- 12 Lake Champlain, VT
- 13 hotel in NYC
- 14 20 Days Road Trip
- 15 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 16 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 17 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 18 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 19 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 20 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 21 Folger-Shakespeare Library
- 22 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 23 Briefly, in WNY
- 24 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 25 Denver to Yellowstone