Next week I will be in Washington for a 2-day business meeting.
Since most of my time in DC will be dictated by the meeting's agenda, I want to see how I can make the most out of the small amount of free time.
So far, my agenda looks like this:
Arrive at Dulles airport at 4 pm, take taxi to Latham Hotel in Georgetown on M Street @ 30th St.
If still alive, walk around the neighborhood (which looks pretty nice on Streetview) in jet-lagged zombie mode and grab a bite to eat.
Any eatery in that area to try out (nothing fancy, as I will probably not be able to appreciate it)?
Day will be blocked by meeting and dinner at Zaytinya (why, oh why is there no way to sample regional American cuisine when attending an "international conference" in the US)
P.S. While I could take a taxi, I noticed that there is a Circulator bus calling at M Street in Georgetown and almost to the doorsteps of the venue of the meeting on I Street at Franklin Park. Or is taking the bus a stupid idea?
Meeting ends at 4pm.
At that time, museums should be closed, so I would look for an area to do a bit of Christmas shopping.. some place that looks especially nice with the Christmas decorations up. Any suggestions?
Free time all day until appr. 3 or 4 pm.
I am interested in American history, also into architecture or transport-related museums or sights. During other visits to DC, I have visited the Smithsonian, Air and Space, and the Mall.
This time I was thinking about the American History Museum. Good idea? Or any alternatives.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 2 http://fitnesstalkzone.com/alpha-levo-energize/
- 3 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 4 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 5 Recent Spam Attacks
- 6 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 7 Is the power adapter plug necessary
- 8 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 9 Miami airport--safety??
- 10 US whole month of January where to
- 11 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 12 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 13 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 14 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 15 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 16 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 17 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 18 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 19 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 20 Baltimore Weekend
- 21 Dinosaur National Monument
- 22 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 23 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 24 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 25 Rocky Mountain road trip