Next week I will be in Washington for a 2-day business meeting.
Since most of my time in DC will be dictated by the meeting's agenda, I want to see how I can make the most out of the small amount of free time.
So far, my agenda looks like this:
Arrive at Dulles airport at 4 pm, take taxi to Latham Hotel in Georgetown on M Street @ 30th St.
If still alive, walk around the neighborhood (which looks pretty nice on Streetview) in jet-lagged zombie mode and grab a bite to eat.
Any eatery in that area to try out (nothing fancy, as I will probably not be able to appreciate it)?
Day will be blocked by meeting and dinner at Zaytinya (why, oh why is there no way to sample regional American cuisine when attending an "international conference" in the US)
P.S. While I could take a taxi, I noticed that there is a Circulator bus calling at M Street in Georgetown and almost to the doorsteps of the venue of the meeting on I Street at Franklin Park. Or is taking the bus a stupid idea?
Meeting ends at 4pm.
At that time, museums should be closed, so I would look for an area to do a bit of Christmas shopping.. some place that looks especially nice with the Christmas decorations up. Any suggestions?
Free time all day until appr. 3 or 4 pm.
I am interested in American history, also into architecture or transport-related museums or sights. During other visits to DC, I have visited the Smithsonian, Air and Space, and the Mall.
This time I was thinking about the American History Museum. Good idea? Or any alternatives.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 2 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 3 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 4 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 5 Florida Beach Hotel
- 6 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 7 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 8 Washington DC with kids
- 9 My road trip through southern US.
- 10 Late night eating in Kauai
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 13 Florida Nature Trip
- 14 help from a true New Yorker.
- 15 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 16 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 19 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 20 Safety Concerns
- 21 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 22 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 23 Alaska independent tour for group
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 5 days in Colorado