Next week I will be in Washington for a 2-day business meeting.
Since most of my time in DC will be dictated by the meeting's agenda, I want to see how I can make the most out of the small amount of free time.
So far, my agenda looks like this:
Arrive at Dulles airport at 4 pm, take taxi to Latham Hotel in Georgetown on M Street @ 30th St.
If still alive, walk around the neighborhood (which looks pretty nice on Streetview) in jet-lagged zombie mode and grab a bite to eat.
Any eatery in that area to try out (nothing fancy, as I will probably not be able to appreciate it)?
Day will be blocked by meeting and dinner at Zaytinya (why, oh why is there no way to sample regional American cuisine when attending an "international conference" in the US)
P.S. While I could take a taxi, I noticed that there is a Circulator bus calling at M Street in Georgetown and almost to the doorsteps of the venue of the meeting on I Street at Franklin Park. Or is taking the bus a stupid idea?
Meeting ends at 4pm.
At that time, museums should be closed, so I would look for an area to do a bit of Christmas shopping.. some place that looks especially nice with the Christmas decorations up. Any suggestions?
Free time all day until appr. 3 or 4 pm.
I am interested in American history, also into architecture or transport-related museums or sights. During other visits to DC, I have visited the Smithsonian, Air and Space, and the Mall.
This time I was thinking about the American History Museum. Good idea? Or any alternatives.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Washington D.C. - and only a few hours
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California
- 2 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 3 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 4 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 6 Boston suggestions
- 7 Tucson area flooding
- 8 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 9 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 10 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 11 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 12 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 13 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 14 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 15 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 16 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 17 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 18 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 19 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 20 Ben Landa
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 23 Looking for Next Destination
- 24 West Coast Road Trip
- 25 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary