I am planning a three-day trip this summer to Lake Placid, but am also planning to see Lake Tahoe (also for the first time) in the next year or two. Right now I am planning to take the ski jump complex tour at Lake Placid, because it seems they don't have something like that for the general public at Lake Tahoe. The bobsled run sounds interesting but I'm getting too old to be rattled around in something like a roller coaster. Is the Whiteface gondola ride worth doing at all (comparing to the Heavenly one at Tahoe)? How about the drive up Memorial Highway? I want to save the lake cruise for Tahoe.
Unique Experiences at Lake Placid (vs. Lake Tahoe)
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 3 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 4 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 5 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 6 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 7 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 8 St. Augustine, Florida
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Where should I move to?
- 14 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 15 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Fripp island
- 18 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 19 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 20 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 21 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 22 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 23 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 24 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 25 Which Florida Key to snorkel?