I am planning a three-day trip this summer to Lake Placid, but am also planning to see Lake Tahoe (also for the first time) in the next year or two. Right now I am planning to take the ski jump complex tour at Lake Placid, because it seems they don't have something like that for the general public at Lake Tahoe. The bobsled run sounds interesting but I'm getting too old to be rattled around in something like a roller coaster. Is the Whiteface gondola ride worth doing at all (comparing to the Heavenly one at Tahoe)? How about the drive up Memorial Highway? I want to save the lake cruise for Tahoe.
Unique Experiences at Lake Placid (vs. Lake Tahoe)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 4 late-night DC restaurant
- 5 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 6 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 7 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 8 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 9 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 10 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 11 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 12 Houston in September
- 13 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 14 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 15 Oahu ideas
- 16 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 17 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 18 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 19 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 20 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 21 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 22 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 25 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days