I am planning a three-day trip this summer to Lake Placid, but am also planning to see Lake Tahoe (also for the first time) in the next year or two. Right now I am planning to take the ski jump complex tour at Lake Placid, because it seems they don't have something like that for the general public at Lake Tahoe. The bobsled run sounds interesting but I'm getting too old to be rattled around in something like a roller coaster. Is the Whiteface gondola ride worth doing at all (comparing to the Heavenly one at Tahoe)? How about the drive up Memorial Highway? I want to save the lake cruise for Tahoe.
Unique Experiences at Lake Placid (vs. Lake Tahoe)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego parks and attractions
- 2 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 3 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 4 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 5 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 6 Universal studios/Orlando
- 7 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 8 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Alaska
- 13 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 14 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 20 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 21 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 22 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 23 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Car rental through Priceline bidding