We are a couple from San Francisco planning a 15-day 2010 summer trip to Europe.
Our main preference is non-stop flights. We have figured flying to Paris from SFO directly is the best option. We intend to spend 3 nights in Paris. We intend to take TGV to Marseilles or Nice, depending on suggestions here, and spend 3 nights there. We wanna rent a car and drive around the french riviera with the base in Nice or Marseilles. Is it the right way to see the riviera?
From Nice we intend to go to Venice and spend 3 nights there. What is the most convenient way to go from Nice to Venice? Flight? Train? Car?
We wanna decide how do we come back to SFO from Venice? Where do we spend the last leg of our trip considering we are looking for a non-stop flight to SFO?
Does this itinerary look good or can be further improved? We love wining and dining, the sun, water, and people watching.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Suggestions for a first trip to Europe from SFO
- 1 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 2 Aspen/Snowmass questions
- 3 Aspen Snowmass 2012
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 San Diego or Hawaii
- 6 just me in nyc- dine alone spots near hotel
- 7 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 8 NYC Progressive Rock venue
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Tampa area and North
- 11 Season greetings
- 12 7 days Road Trip Help. Really need advice
- 13 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?
- 14 Portland, Oregon hotel question
- 15 SmarterVegas Question
- 16 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 17 West Coast Road Trip
- 18 Uber Car service
- 19 Cinderella or Annie -- on Broadway
- 20 SF Activities
- 21 Long Beach to Lake Elsinore Halfway Point
- 22 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 23 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 24 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 25 San Antonio