Our trip is finally planned. 2 1/2 weeks on land end of August into Sept. Will be going up to Denali and then down to Homer, some kayaking and a few days at Brook's Lodge. Know this is their rainy season and want to dress prepared. Any sugestions on brands of rain gear that have done what they are suppose to do and keep you dry? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Have spent hours looking at REI, Mt Gander, LL Bean, Bass Pro, Cabellas, etc - many mixed reviews. ANY help is GREATLY appreciated. A big thanks to those of you out there for your AK comments that have helped plan this long awaited trip.
Raingear for Alaska Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help