Our trip is finally planned. 2 1/2 weeks on land end of August into Sept. Will be going up to Denali and then down to Homer, some kayaking and a few days at Brook's Lodge. Know this is their rainy season and want to dress prepared. Any sugestions on brands of rain gear that have done what they are suppose to do and keep you dry? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Have spent hours looking at REI, Mt Gander, LL Bean, Bass Pro, Cabellas, etc - many mixed reviews. ANY help is GREATLY appreciated. A big thanks to those of you out there for your AK comments that have helped plan this long awaited trip.
Raingear for Alaska Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 7 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 USA with a 3 year old
- 17 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 21 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 22 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip